In broad terms, current research in the particle theory group orients around big picture questions of the following sort:
- What new particle physics beyond the Standard Model might we discover in future experiments?
- What do black holes teach us about quantum information?
- What can holography teach us about strongly-coupled systems?
- Can we understand all the implications of symmetries and anomalies for physical systems?
- What is dark matter?
- What can quantum information science teach us about particle physics and quantum field theory?
These and many related questions of this sort involve ideas and techniques used in particle phenomenology, general relativity, quantum field theory, quantum computing and string theory.